The Phylis Lan Lin Program in Social Work
What is a social worker?
Social workers are trained to help people create solutions to problems.
They empower people to advocate for social justice, interact with people
from various backgrounds, cultures, and race, and are employed in diverse
settings where they engage in professional activities.
Social workers work in...
- chemical dependency
- child and family services
- community development
- crisis intervention
- developmental disabilities
- domestic violence
- elderly services
- health services
- services for the homeless
- information and referral
- mental health
- multi-service and community centers
- prevention services
- professional development and training
- residential programs
- school social work
- welfare services
Jobs for social workers
- adoption workers
- adult protective service workers
- career counselors
- case workers
- case managers
- child protective service
- developmental disabilities counselors
- domestic abuse counselors
- drug and alcohol abuse counselors
- family court
- group home supervisors
- home health social workers
- housing coordinators
- human resources counselors
- information and referral coordinators
- mental health workers
- outreach workers
These lists are not all-inclusive.
There are many other options available to social workers.
© University of Indianapolis 1400 East Hanna Avenue
Indianapolis, Indiana 46227 U.S.A.
(317) 7883368 8002328634 socialwork.uindy.edu • firstname.lastname@example.org